We offer an ecological tour «Hunts in Ussuri taiga», when the clients don’t hunt themselves, but watch the local professional hunters taking trophies of deer (Manchurian wapiti), Ussuri wild boar or bear. The trips are arranged in the hunting seasons under the license for each of the animals. The tourists willing to accompany hunters in such trips follow the hunter and guide, watch the hunt and take photo of the trophy, when the hunt is finished.
The Ussuri Tiger (Panthera tigris altaica), also known as the Siberian Tiger, the Manchurian Tiger, or the Amur Tiger, is a rare and large-sized subspecies of tiger-the largest of all. Mature males have an average length (with tail) of up to 400 cm (157 in), and shoulder height of 100 cm (39 in). It weighs 180 – 300 kg. Record weight recorded was 385 kg.
Females are much smaller - 100 – 166 kg.
The Amur Tiger is confined completely to the Southeast of Russia, along the rivers Amur and Ussuri, It can be found throughout the Primorye Territory and the eastern part of the Khabarovsk Territory.
It’s an endangered specie – according to the latest studies there are about 415 – 470 Ussuri tigers left. Ussuri tiger is enlisted in the USDI (1972) in the Red Book MSOP and Attachment 1 CITES (1975). Hunt is not allowed since 1947.
Photo hunt on the Amur (Panthera tigris altaica) or the Siberian tiger in the impenetrable thicket of the far Eastern taiga will Wake up to you asleep for a long time hunting instincts. Hunting the Amur or Siberian tiger is becoming a more attractive form of recreation for tourists from abroad and the vast expanses of Russia. Although the routes of the Amur (Panthera tigris altaica) the Siberian tiger or run through forests, mountains, water, the specific training for ecotourism is not required.
The trip is arranged with the accommodation at a tourist base in Lazo area (4 log cottages with stoves, sleeping rooms for 2- 3 persons in each, powered by solar and wind energy, sauna, large dining room, bed linen). Snow machines and 4WD cars are used for daily transportations around the reserve.
The base is situated in a private forest reserve owned by the Russian scientist and huntsman who worked with Discovery Channel and Japanese NHK documentary series. He is also a popular author of articles, photo books and albums about the nature and wildlife of Ussuri taiga.
Best season to come is from the middle of October till the middle of November.
The trip can be arranged for solo tourists and for groups up to 4 persons (they will be split into smaller groups of 2 persons in each for the trips in the woods).
Other activities that can be included in the trip tour «On the trail of the tiger»:
- Tigertracking – following tracks of the Amur tiger and learning about their way of life and hunt, their habits and character;
- Setting phototraps on the Amur tigers’ and other animals’ trail and checking them later, taking home video and photo of tigers and other animals;
- Visiting trapper’s cabin in taiga, learning about their job of catching sable and trying regular trappers’ meals;
- Fishing for grayling and lenok (Siberian trout) at the local rivers (fishing rods are provided free of charge);
- Sport shooting at the base;
- Picking up local herbs used in medicine (schisandra, eleutherocok, araliya).
All the above activities are included in the price and clients can choose what to include in their program. The amount of days and program itself depend on the clients’ wish.
Standard trip tour «On the trail of the tiger» with 6 days / 5 nights at the reserve is as follows:
Transfer from Khabarovsk (airport, railroad station or hotel) to the reserve (4 hours) by car. Dinner. Accommodation.
2nd day – 5th day
Four full days of trips in taiga by car with guides. Watching hunt for deer, wild boar or bear. Taking photo. Other activities selected from the list above. 3 meals a day (meat of wild animals, fish, Russian dishes, vegetable, fruit). Daily sauna in the evening.
Breakfast. Transfer to Khabarovsk. More or less days can be planned (with minimum 3 nights stay at the base).
Cost of the program tour «On the trail of the tiger» above in USA$ is as follows:
- For groups of 2 clients – 1510 $USA per person;
- Additional day - 205 $USA per person (accommodation, full board, guide, car, fuel, sauna);
- For solo clients (1 person) - 1920 $USA;
- Additional day – 250 $USA (accommodation, full board, guide, car, fuel, sauna);
Option price includes tour «On the trail of the tiger»:
- visa support;
- meeting at the airport of Khabarovsk, hotel reservation;
- return transportation to the base at the forest reserve;
- full services at the base: tour program with desired activities included, full board, guide, car transportations, fuel, sauna;
- video and photos from the phototraps.
Option price does not include tour «On the trail of the tiger»:
- hotel and meals in Khabarovsk;
- transfers between the airport/railrioad station and hotel (can be included for 40 $USA for solo tourists and 20 $USA for 2 clients or more (per person);
- interpreter service;
- insurance (must be arranged in the home country)
We can also arrange float trips with taimen fishing at the Tugur, Uda, Maya and other rivers of Khabarovsk territory.
For further information please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com